- Joshua 23:14
- This day I [Joshua] am going the way of all the earth.
- Job 7:9
- As the cloud is consumed and vanishes away, so he that
goeth down to the grave shall come up no more.
- Job 14:10-14
- But man dieth, and wasteth away: yea, man giveth up the ghost, and where is he? ... So man lieth down, and riseth
not: till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep ... If a man die, shall he live again?
- Job 20:7
- Yet he shall perish for ever like his own dung.
- Psalm 6:5
- For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who
shall give thee thanks?
- Psalm 31:17
- Let the wicked be ashamed, and let them be silent in the grave.
- Psalm 88:5
- The dead ... whom thou rememberest no more.
- Psalm 115:17
- The dead praise not the LORD, neither any that go down into silence.
- Ecclesiastes 3:19
- For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them:
as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no
preeminence above a beast.
- Ecclesiastes 9:5
- The dead know not anything, neither have they any more
- Ecclesiastes 9:10
- For there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom,
in the grave, whither thou goest.
- Isaiah 38:18
- For the grave cannot praise thee, death can not celebrate
thee: they that go down into the pit cannot hope for thy truth.
- 1 Machabees 2:62-63
- A sinful man ... his glory is dung, and worms ... tomorrow he shall not be found, because he
is returned into his earth; and his thought is come to nothing.
- 1 Kings 17:22
- And the LORD heard the voice of Elijah; and the soul of the
child came into him again, and he revived.
- 2 Kings 4:32-35
- And when Elisha was come into the house, behold, the
child was dead .... And he went up, and lay upon the child, and put
his mouth upon his mouth, and his eyes upon his eyes, and his hands
upon his hands: and stretched himself upon the child; and the flesh of
the child waxed warm .... And the child sneezed seven times, and the
child opened his eyes.
- 2 Kings 13:21
- And it came to pass, as they were burying a man, that, behold,
they spied a band of men; and they cast the man into the sepulchre of
Elisha: and when the man was let down, and touched the bones of
Elisha, he revived, and stood up on his feet.
- Isaiah 26:19
- Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise.
Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs,
and the earth shall cast out the dead.
- Ezekiel 37:12
- Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O
my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your
graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.
- Daniel 12:1
- And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and
- Matthew 9:24-25
- He said unto them, Give place: for the maid is not dead, but
sleepeth. And they laughed him to scorn. But when the people were put
forth, he went in, and took her by the hand, and the maid arose.
- Matthew 25:46
- And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the
righteous into life eternal.
- Matthew 27:52-53
- And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints
which slept arose, And came out of the graves after his resurrection,
and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.
- Mark 5:39-42
- And when he was come in, he saith unto them, Why make ye this
ado, and weep? the damsel is not dead, but sleepeth .... And he took
the damsel by the hand, and said unto her, Talitha cumi; which is,
being interpreted, Damsel, I say unto thee, arise. And straightway the
damsel arose, and walked.
- Luke 7:12-15
- Now when he came nigh to the gate of the city, behold, there
was a dead man .... And when the Lord saw her, he had compassion on
her, and said unto her, Weep not. And he came and touched the bier:
and they that bare him stood still. And he said, Young man, I say unto
thee, Arise. And he that was dead sat up.
- Luke 9:30
- And, behold, there talked with him two men, which were Moses
- Luke 14:14
- Thou shalt be recompensed at the resurrection of the just.
- Luke 20:37
- Now that the dead are raised even Moses showed at the
bush, when he called the Lord God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac,
and the God of Jacob.
- John 5:28-29
- Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that
are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good,
unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
- John 11:39-44
- Jesus said, Take ye away the stone. Martha, the sister of him
that was dead, saith unto him, Lord, by this time he stinketh: for he
hath been dead four days .... And when he thus had spoken, he cried
with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth. And he that was dead came
- Acts 26:23
- That Christ should suffer, and that he should be the first
that should rise from the dead.
- 1 Corinthians 15:16
- For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised.
- 1 Corinthians 15:52
- The trumpet shall sound and the dead shall be raised.
- 1 John 2:25
- This is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.
- Revelation 20:12-13
- And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before
God; ... and they were judged, every man according to their