1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15
Science and History
Cruelty and Violence
-Book of Ether
-The Brother of Jared
Cruelty in Ether
- "He that will contend against the word of the Lord, let him be accursed; and he that shall deny these
things, let him be accursed."
(Those who disbelieve in the Book of Mormon will go to hell.) 4:8
- "At my command the inhabitants thereof shall pass away, even so as by fire."
(If he feels like it, God can burn people to death.) 4:9
- "He that believeth not shall be damned." 4:18
- Avoid all those secret, abominable, murderous, wicked oaths and combinations passed down since the
time of Cain. If you don't, God will have to kill you. 8:15-24
- "Saith the Lord: I will pour out the fulness of my wrath." 9:20
- "There came forth poisonous serpents also upon the face of the land, and did poison many people."
- To punish the people for "their wicked combinations," God sent wars, famines, and pestilences. The resulting
destruction was the greatest ever seen on the face of the earth -- greater than the flood of Noah, the
destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, or World War II. Yet there is no evidence
for any of this today. 11:7
- The prophets prophesied "that the Lord would utterly destroy them from off the face of the earth."
- "The Lord did visit them in the fulness of his wrath ... for their everlasting destruction."
- Millions of Jaredites kill each other in battle, leaving only their two leaders alive: Coriantumr and Shiz.
Coriantur cuts of the head of Shiz (with his non-existent sword, of course) and then dies. Don't you
just love a happy ending? 15:30-32