Cruelty and Violence
Science and History
Injustice in Acts
- Peter blames the Jews for the death of Jesus. 3:14-15
- Peter claims that Dt 18:18-19
refers to Jesus, saying that those who refuse to follow him (all non-Christians) must be killed.
- God will torture forever those who don't know the password to heaven. 4:12
- Peter and God scare Ananias and his wife to death for not forking over all of the money that they made when
selling their land. 5:1-10
- Once again, Peter accuses the Jews of murdering Jesus. 5:30
- Stephen blames the Jews for persecuting the prophets and murdering Jesus.
- Jesus blinds Saul. 9:8
- The Jews are again blamed for the death of Jesus. 10:39
- The "angel of the Lord" killed Herod by having him "eaten of worms" because "he gave not God the glory."
- Paul and the Holy Ghost conspire together to make Elymas (the sorcerer) blind.
- The author of Acts brags about God destroying "seven nations of the land of Canaan." 13:19
- God chooses those who will believe [the right things], and only they will go to heaven. 13:48
- If you "believe on the Lord Jesus Christ," then you and your whole family will be saved;
will send you all to hell. 16:30-31
- "And when they [the Jews of Corinth] opposed themselves, and blasphemed, he [Paul] shook his raiment, and
said unto them, Your blood be upon your own heads." (Have a nice day?) 18:6