-In the Bible
-In the Book of Mormon
-SAQ DB Forum
Get the SAB
Family Values in the Quran
- It's OK to have two, three, or four wives, slave or free. 4:3
- Males are to inherit twice that of females. 4:11
- Lewd women are to be confined to their houses until death.
- You may not forcibly disinherit women, unless they are flagrantly lewd.
- Instructions for exchanging wives 4:20
- Don't marry women that are already married -- unless they're slaves that you obtained in war. Then it's OK.
- If you can't afford to marry free Muslims women, go ahead and marry slaves, as long as they're Muslims. 4:25a
- If your slave wives are guilty of lewdness, punish them half as much as you punish your lewd free wives.
- Men are in charge of women, because Allah made men to be better than women.
Refuse to have sex with women from whom you fear rebellion, and scourge them.
- Virgins await those who enter paradise. 4:57
- Men and women are enemies! (Or is it humans and Iblis? Sometimes Allah isn't all that clear about these things.)
- "Your possessions and children are a test."
(Don't let them get in the way of more important things -- like jihad.) 8:28
- Don't be friends with with your disbelieving family members. Those who do
so are wrong-doers. 9:23
- If your fathers, and your sons, and your brethren, and your wives ... are dearer to you than Allah and His messenger ...
then wait till Allah bringeth His command to pass." 9:24
- Those who refuse to fight for Allah will be treated (along with their children) as unbelievers.
- Don't pray for idolaters (not even for your family) after it is clear they
are people of hell-fire. 9:113
- Abraham disowned his father for being an enemy of Allah.
- Lot offers his daughters to a mob of angel rapers. 11:78
- Lot offers his daughters to a mob of angel rapers. 15:71
- When Abraham's son, Ishmael, was old enough to walk, Allah told Abraham in a dream to sacrifice Ishmael. So Abraham asked Ishmael if it'd be OK with him, and Ishmael said, "Sure thing, Dad,
go ahead and kill me for God. I won't even flinch." 37:102
- On the Last Day good Muslims will not love their non-Muslim friends and
family members, not even their fathers, sons, or brothers (or their mothers, daughters, or
- Don't let your children distract you from your duty to Allah.
- Your wives and children are your enemies. They are to you only a temptation.
- Instructions for divorcing your wives. 65:1-6
- Allah's rules for divorcing wives that have not yet reached puberty.
- O Prophet! Why bannest thou that which Allah hath made lawful for thee, seeking to please thy wives?"
Allah says it's OK for Muhammad to have sex with any of his wives whenever he wants. 66:1
- Muhammad's wives need to be careful. If they criticize their husband,
Allah will replace them with better ones. 66:5
- The wives of Noah and Lot (who were both righteous) betrayed their husbands and are
now in the Fire. 66:10
- Kafir Girl
- Swimmin' in Women: Mohammed's wives and concubines. (Part I)
- Swimmin' in Women: Mohammed's wives and concubines. (Part II)