- And when We said unto the angels: Prostrate yourselves before Adam, they fell prostrate, all save Iblis.
He demurred through pride, and so became a disbeliever.
- And We created you then fashioned you, then told the angels: Fall ye prostrate before Adam! And they fell prostrate,
all save Iblis, who was not of those who make prostration.
- So, when I have made him and have breathed into him of My Spirit, do ye fall down, prostrating yourselves unto him.
So the angels fell prostrate, all of them together. Save Iblis. He refused to be among the prostrate.
- And when We said unto the angels: Fall prostrate before Adam, they fell prostrate (all) save Iblis; he refused.
- When thy Lord said unto the angels: Lo! I am about to create a mortal out of mire, And when I have fashioned him and breathed
into him of My Spirit, then fall down before him prostrate, The angels fell down prostrate, every one, Saving Iblis; he was scornful
and became one of the disbelievers.
- He said: What hindered thee that thou didst not fall prostrate when I bade thee ? (Iblis) said: I am better than
him. Thou createdst me of fire while him Thou didst create of mud.
[Jinn were created from fire. (15:27)]
- And (remember) when We said unto the angels: Fall prostrate before Adam, and they fell prostrate, all save Iblis. He was of the jinn,
so he rebelled against his Lord's command.
- Thou createdst me of fire.