8: The Spoils of War
Cruelty and Violence
Previous | Next
Skeptic's Annotated Quran
Intolerance in Surah 8
- "Allah ... cut the root of the disbelievers."
Allah destroyed the unbelievers. 8:7
- Allah will throw fear into the hearts of the disbelievers, and smite their
necks and fingers. 8:12
- Disbelievers will be tormented in the Fire. 8:14
- When you fight with disbelievers, do not retreat. Those who do will go to hell.
- Those that the Muslims killed were not really killed by them. It was Allah who did the killing.
- "The worst of beasts in Allah's sight are the deaf, the dumb, who have no sense [the non-muslims]." 8:22
- Taste of the doom because ye disbelieve. 8:35
- Those who disbelieve will be gathered into hell. 8:36
- Fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah.
- The angels smite the face and backs of disbelievers, saying: "Taste the
punishment of burning!" 8:50
- The worst beasts in Allah's sight are the disbelievers. 8:55
- Don't let the disbelievers think they can escape. They are your enemy and
the enemy of Allah. 8:59-60
- Exhort the believers to fight. They will win easily, because disbelievers are without
- A prophet may not take captives until he has made a slaughter in the land.
- Disbelievers cause confusion and "corruption in the land."