8: The Spoils of War
Cruelty and Violence
Previous | Next
Skeptic's Annotated Quran
Injustice in Surah 8
- "The spoils of war belong to Allah and his messenger. So obey Allah and
his messenger." 8:1
- "Allah ... cut the root of the disbelievers."
Allah destroyed the unbelievers. 8:7
- Allah will throw fear into the hearts of the disbelievers, and smite their
necks and fingers. 8:12
- Disbelievers will be tormented in the Fire. 8:14
- When you fight with disbelievers, do not retreat. Those who do will go to hell.
- Those that the Muslims killed were not really killed by them. It was Allah who did the killing.
- Allah wrecks the plans of disbelievers. 8:18
- Taste of the doom because ye disbelieve. 8:35
- Those who disbelieve will be gathered into hell. 8:36
- "The wicked will He place piece upon piece, and heap them all together, and consign them unto hell."
- Fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah.
- Allah, Muhammed, and "the kinsman" (Muhammed's relatives?) each get a one-fifth cut of the
"spoils of war." 8:41
- Those that live or die in war are a clear proof of Allah's sovereignty. 8:31
- The angels smite the face and backs of disbelievers, saying: "Taste the
punishment of burning!" 8:50
- If you think another party will break a treaty, then break it yourself before they get a chance to do so. 8:58
- Don't let the disbelievers think they can escape. They are your enemy and
the enemy of Allah. 8:59-60
- Exhort the believers to fight. They will win easily, because disbelievers are without
- A prophet may not take captives until he has made a slaughter in the land.
- He [Allah] gave thee [Muhammad] power over them."
Allah gave Muhammad slaves as war booty. 8:70-1
- Disbelievers cause confusion and "corruption in the land."