7: The Heights
Cruelty and Violence
Previous | Next
Skeptic's Annotated Quran
Drunk With Blood:
God's killings in the Bible
by Steve Wells,
the creator of the SAB.
Buy the Book,
Get the SAB on CD
Cruelty in Surah 7
- How many a township have We destroyed! As a raid by night, or while they
slept at noon, Our terror came unto them. 7:4-5
- Allah banishes Iblis and promises to fill hell with those who are
mislead by him. 7:18
- Disbelievers are the rightful owners of the Fire. 7:36
- Entire nations have entered the Fire. Some get a double torment.
- "Taste the doom for what ye used to earn." 7:39
- Disbelievers will be excluded from heaven. Theirs will be a bed of hell.
- Those in the fire will be taunted by those in the Garden. "So how's it going down there? Are you enjoying
the warmth of the Fire?" 7:44
- Those in the Garden will plead with Allah not to be cast into the Fire. 7:47
- Those in the Fire will cry out to those in heaven, saying:
"Pour water on us." But Allah has forbidden that to disbelievers. 7:50
- Allah drowned everyone on earth (except Noah and his family) because they disbelieved.
- Those who believe incorrectly will face the terror and wrath of Allah.
- "We cut the root of those who
denied Our revelations and were not believers." 7:72
- Allah killed the disbelievers with an earthquake. 7:78
- Allah killed everyone in Sodom and Gomorrah except Lot and his daughters.
- "So the earthquake seized them."
Allah killed the disbelievers with an earthquake. 7:90-91
- "How can I sorrow for a people that rejected (truth)?"
Shu'eyb tells the Allah's victims that they deserved to die for rejecting Islam. 7:93
- "Then We seized them unawares, when they perceived not."
Unbelievers are never safe from Allah's wrath. 7:95-99
- "We straitened Pharaoh's folk with famine."
Allah sent a famine on all of the Egyptians to punish Pharaoh. 7:130
- "So We sent against them the flood and the locusts and the vermin and the frogs and the blood - a succession of clear signs."
- "We drowned them in the sea: because they denied Our revelations." 7:136
- Those who worship the calf will suffer terror and humiliation from Allah. 7:152
- "But those of them who ... changed the word ... We sent down upon them wrath from heaven." 7:162
- "Why preach ye to a folk whom Allah is about to destroy or punish with an awful doom?"
- "When they forgot that whereof they had been reminded, We ... visited [them] with dreadful punishment." 7:165
- Allah will punish the disbelieving Jews until the Day of Resurrection. 7:167
- Allah has already sent many people and jinn to hell. They were worse than cows: they couldn't see
or hear and were neglectful. 7:179