2: The Cow
Cruelty and Violence
Science and History
Previous | Next
Skeptic's Annotated Quran
Drunk With Blood:
God's killings in the Bible
by Steve Wells,
the creator of the SAB.
Buy the Book,
Surah 2: Cruelty and Violence
- Don't bother warning the disbelievers. Allah has made it impossible for them to
believe so that he can torture them forever after they die. 2:6-7
- Allah has sickened the hearts of disbelievers and increased their disease. He is a spiritual anti-doctor.
- If you try to compose a surah that is better than those in the Quran, and then fail, Allah will burn you forever if you in the
fire that he has prepared for disbelievers, whose fuel is men and stones. 2:24
- Allah will shed human blood while angels praise him in heaven. (The angels question why Allah has to kill people; Allah says
they'd understand if they knew everything like he does.) 2:30
- They who disbelieve, and deny Our revelations, such are rightful Peoples of the Fire. They will abide therein."
- There will come a day when Allah will refuse all prayers and help no one. 2:48
- Allah brags about drowning the Egyptian army. 2:50
- "Whosoever hath done evil and his sin surroundeth him; such are rightful owners
of the Fire." 2:81
- Christians and Jews (who believe in only part of the Scripture), will suffer in this life and go to hell in the next.
- "They have incurred anger upon anger. For disbelievers is a shameful doom." 90
- "For disbelievers is a painful doom." 2:104
- Allah will make disbelievers' lives miserable in this world and torture them forever after they die.
- "And thou wilt not be asked about the owners of hell-fire." (They are the non-muslims.)
- Allah will leave the disbelievers alone for a while, but then he
will compel them to the doom of Fire. 2:126
- The doom of the disbelievers will not be lightened. 2:162
- "On the day when they behold the doom and all their aims collapse with them ... Allah is severe punishment!"
- They will not emerge from the Fire. 2:167
- Those who hide the Scripture will have their bellies eaten with fire. Theirs
will be a painful doom. 2:174
- How constant are they in their strife to reach the Fire! 2:175
- "Fight in the way of Allah." 2:190, 2:244
- If someone murders your slave, then you get to kill one of his. If it was a male that was killed, you kill one of the killer's male slaves.
If a female, you kill a female. Murder for murder. Slave for slave. It all works out swell with Allah's wondrous rules. (Oh, and if you
don't follow them, you'll have the usual painful doom.) 2:178
- "Fight in the way of Allah against those who fight against you." 2:190
- Kill disbelievers wherever you find them. If they attack you, then kill them.
Such is the reward of disbelievers. (But if they desist in their
unbelief, then don't kill them.) 2:191-2
- Allah says that you must keep fighting until there is no more persecution and everyone on earth is a Muslim.
Then you can stop killing people. 2:193a
- But if there are any wrong-doers around after you've killed off all the disbelievers, persecutors and aggressors,
then you'll have to kill them too. 2:193b
- "Guard us from the doom of Fire." 2:201
- Those who fail in their duty to Allah are proud and sinful. They will all go to hell.
- War is ordained by Allah, and all Muslims must be willing to fight, whether
they like it or not. 2:216
- It's you and your religion against them and theirs. They won't stop fighting until they make you a "renegade from your religion"
and if they succeed in that so you die in disbelief, Allah will burn you forever in the Fire. 2:217
- Disbelievers worship false gods. The will burn forever in the Fire.
- "Those who swallow usury ... are rightful owners of the Fire." 2:275