1 Nephi: Injustice
- "The Jews did mock him because ... he truly testified of their wickedness and their abominations ... they were angy with
him ... as with the prophets of old, whom they had cast out and stoned."
After Lehi saw the pillar of fire, God, Jesus, the apostles, and angels, and read from the book that God gave him,
he went into town to tell the people about it. They all thought he was crazy, since they were a bunch of wicked, abominable Jews.
- The Spirit of the Lord "constrained" Nephi to murder Laban as he lay passed out on the ground. 4:10
- But the Spirit had to tell Nephi again. 4:11
- And a third time, reminding Nephi that God kills people too (so it must be OK) and besides, it's better that one person die
than a whole nation dwindle in unbelief. 4:12-13
- So Nephi (finally) obeys the Spirit by grabbing Laban by the hair and chopping off his head with his own sword.
- Lehi thinks his dream assures the salvation of Nephi, Sam, and "their seed" and the damnation of Laman and Lemuel.
(Because the former ate the magic fruit and the latter didn't.) 8:3-4
- The Native Americans are the decedents of those "who dwindled in
unbelief." As a punishment for their disbelief, their skin was darkened and they
became "a filthy people, full of idleness and all manner of abominations."
- Nephi sees the "great and abominable church" and its founder, the devil.
- The wrath of God is on the Native Americans (Nephi's brethren). 13:11
- God's wrath is on the Native Americans who were slaughtered by the Europeans. 13:14
- God inspired the Europeans (who "were white, and exceedingly fair and beautiful" just like Nephi's descendants before the evil,
dark-skinned Laminites killed them all ) to slaughter the Native Americans. 13:15
- "The Gentiles ... did humble themselves before the Lord; and the power of the Lord was with them." 13:16
- God helped the American colonists win the Revolutionary War. 13:18
- God helped the Americans win all their other wars too. (Except maybe the Vietnam war.) 13:19
- Good news for "gentiles" in "the promised land." ("Gentiles" are non-Mormons and "the promised land" is
the United States in Mormon-speak). All you have to do is become a Mormon and then you will be blessed by God
(otherwise you're going to hell). 14:1-2
- The angel tells Nephi that the "great and
abominable church" (the Catholics) ruined the Bibe by deleting the "plan and most precious parts."
- The Catholic church was founded by the devil to lead souls to hell. 14:3
- f you're a gentile, you've only got two choices: become a Mormon or fall into the Catholic pit that leads to hell.
- The angel tells Nephi that the lamb of God (Jesus) says that the time will come (2423 years later) when a 17 year old treasure
digger from New York (Joseph Smith) will find some golden plates and translate them by staring into his hat at some magic rocks and
thereby produce the "great and marvelous work" that we now know as the Book of Mormon. This book is, according to the angel, the best
and most important book by far that you, me, or anyone else will ever read. And we'll be tortured forever after we die unless
we believe it. 14:7
- The "great and abominable church, ... the mother of abominations,
whose founder is the devil." 14:9
- There are only two churches: the church of the Lamb of God, and the church of the
devil.You either belong to the good chuch or the bad church (the mother of abominations,
the whore of all the earth). 14:10
- "The whore of all the earth sat upon many waters." 14:11
- The church of the Lamb of God had few members "because of the wickedness and
abominations of the whore who sat upon many waters." 14:12
- The "great mother of abominations" recruits people from all over the earth
to fight against the Lamb of God. 14:13
- "The wrath of God was poured out on the great and abominable church."
- "The wrath of God is upon the mother of harlots." 14:16
- "The wrath of God is poured out upon the mother of harlots, which
is the great and abominable church ... whose founder is the devil."
- There's an "awful gulf" that separates the wicked from the saints.
- There's an "awful hell" prepared for the wicked. 15:29
- There's an "awful hell" prepared by the devil. 15:35
- God destroys entire nations of "wicked" people and curses the land for their sakes.
- Among many other things, Nephi told his brothers that God
straitens murmurers by sending fiery flying serpents to bite and kill them. (See Numbers 21:6)
- Then Zenos explains how all kinds of bad stuff would happen to the
Jews because they "crucify the God of Israel." They'd be hated by all nations, wander in the flesh, etc. 19:13-14
- God will force people to eat their own flesh and drink their own blood. 21:26
- The members of "the great and abominable church" (the whore of all the earth) will kill each other and
get drunk on their own blood. 22:13
- All those that fight again Zion (Mormonism), like "that great whore, that great and abominable church"
will be destroyed. 22:14
- They who fight again Zion (Mormonism) will be cut off. 22:19
- You must do whatever the prophet (Jesus or Joseph Smith) says. Those who don't will be cut off.
- Soon all the churches of the devil (non-Mormon churches) will be destroyed.