There's nothing Good in 1 Nephi.
- "They shall beat their swords into plow-shares, and their spears into pruning-hooks -- nation shall not lift up
sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more." 12:4
- Love is a good thing. 26:30
- Don't murder, lie, or steal. Try to be nice and get along with other people. 26:32
- Black and white, male and female, heathen, Jew, or Gentile -- all are alike to God. 26:33
- Polygamy is condemned as "wicked". 1:
- Use your wealth to help the poor and less fortunate. 2:19
- Polygamy is "an abomination." 2:24
- A man may not have any concubines, and no more than one wife. 2:27
There's nothing good in Enos.
There's nothing good in Jarom.
There's nothing good in Omni.
Words of Mormon
There's nothing good in Omni.
- Love and serve one another. 4:15
- Help the poor and those in need. 4:16
- Do what you can to help others. 4:21
- Help the poor, feed the hungry, clothe the naked, and care for the sick. 4:26
- Return what you borrow. 4:28
- "Every man should love his neighbor as himself." 23:15
- There should be an equality among all men. 27:3
- Every man should esteem his neighbor as himself. 27:4
- This land should be a land of liberty where everyone has same rights and privileges.
- "There was a strict law ... that there should not any man ... persecute those that did not belong to
the church." 1:21
- Help the poor, the hungry, the sick, and the less fortunate. 4:12
- Be humble. Don't consider yourself to be better than others. 5:54
- Help the poor and the needy. 5:55
- Be gentle, humble, patient generous, and temperate. 7:23
- Lamoni declares (and the Book of Mormon seems to approve) that the people should be free.
- Freedom of religion is a good thing. 21:22
- "Now there was no law against against a man's belief." 30:7
- There was no law to enforce a particular religious belief. Everyone was free to believe, or not believe,
whatever he or she liked. 30:9
- There were laws to punish those who commited crimes, but there was no law against a person's belief.
- "This derangement of your minds comes because of the traditions of your fathers, which lead
you away into a belief of things which are not so.--Korihor 30:16
- "When a man was dead, that was the end thereof." -- Korihor 30:18
- Korihor warns against believing foolish traditions that were laid down by ancient priests in order to
control people and keep them in ingnorance. 30:23
- "Ye say that this people is a free people. Behold, I say they are in bondage. Ye say that those
ancient prophecies are true. Behold, I say that ye do not know that they are true." -- Korihor
- "Ye say that this people is a guilty and a fallen people, because of the
transgression of a parent. Behold, I say that a child is not guilty because of its parents." -- Korihor
- Korihor says that the Nephites don't know that Christ will come, or that he will be killed for the
sins of the world. The leaders only teach these things to enslave the people and prevent them from living full, bold,
and free lives. 30:26-27
- The priests teach these dreams, whims, visions, and pretended mysteries to ensure their own power so as
not to "offend some unknown being, who they say is God -- a being who never has been seen or known, who never was
nor ever will be." 30:28
- Korihor accused the priests and teachers of leading the people astray after silly traditions while enriching
- Korihor is asked if he believes there is a God, "and he answered, Nay." 30:37-38
- Korihor tells Alma that if he can just show him a sign to convince him that God exists, he will believe.
- The Zoramites wisely rejected the childish traditions of their fathers. 31:16
- Help the sick, the poor, and those in need. 34:28
- "Teach them to never be weary of good works." 37:34
- "See that ye are not lifted up unto pride; yea, see that ye do not boast in your own wisdom, nor of
your much strength." 38:11
- "Be filled with love." 38:12
- Ammoron to Moroni: Now as for that God that you say we have rejected, we don't know of any such a being and
neither do you. 54:21
There's nothing good in Helaman.
There's nothing good in 3 Nephi.
There's nothing good in 4 Nephi.
- "Why do ye ... suffer the hungry, and the needy, and the naked, and the sick and the afflicted to pass by you, and notice them not?"
There's nothing good in Ether.
There's nothing good in Moroni.