Cruelty and Violence
-Book of Moroni
Absurdity in Moroni
- "Whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do evil, and believe not in Christ, and
deny him, and serve not God, then ye may know with a perfect knowledge it is of the devil."
- "Many of the daughters of the Lamanites have they
taken prisoners; and after depriving them of that which was most dear and precious above all things,
which is chastity and virtue."
Chastity (for women) is "most dear and precious above all things." It is lost
if they are raped.
This is the first scripture that young women are
taught by the LDS church at the
Young Woman's Personal Progress Program.
- The Promise of Moroni
"Ask God ... if these things are not true." 10:3-5
- "Nothing that is good denieth the Christ." 10:6
- Everything good comes from God and belief in God. Whatever is evil comes from unbelief.
- "Touch not the evil gift, nor the unclean thing." 10:30