SAB: 2 Kings search
Cruelty and Violence
Science and History
2 Kings: Science and History
- God sends two bears to rip up 42 little children for making fun of Elisha's bald head. 2:23-24
- Another miracle birth! (And another boy)
Elisha and God make an old woman pregnant. 4:16-17
- Elisha restores the life of a dead child, but only after laying on him
a couple of times, putting his mouth on the child's mouth, his eyes on the child's eyes, and
his hands on the child's hands. Finally, the child responds by sneezing seven
Was this a miraculous healing or artificial respiration? 4:32-35
- Elisha can do all the tricks of Jesus (raise the dead, heal the sick, etc.). Here he cures a leper, but only after the
leper dips himself seven times in the Jordan. 5:14
- Elisha not only can cure leprosy, he can also dish it out. Here he makes his servant (Gehazi) and all his descendants
lepers forever. 5:27
- Elisha makes an iron ax head swim. Neat trick, not even Jesus did that one!
- "Elisha ... telleth the king of Israel the words that thou speakest in thy bedchamber."
Elisha is clairaudient (acquires psychic knowledge
by auditory means). 6:12
- A dead body is brought to life when it accidentally touches the bones of Elisha.
- "Take a lump of figs. And they took and laid it on the boil, and he recovered." 20:7
- Isaiah, with a little help from God, makes the sun move backwards ten degrees. Now that's quite a trick. All at
once, the earth stopped spinning and then reversed its direction of rotation. Or maybe the sun traveled around the
earth in those days! 20:11